POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Computer games : Re: Computer games Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Computer games
From: Invisible
Date: 4 May 2011 11:03:59
Message: <4dc16adf$1@news.povray.org>
>>> The other group comprises everything else. I call these "alpha games".
>>
>> The rest of the world calls them casual games.
>
> And the first batch is AAA games.

I'm still not sure I'm happy with this classification. It seems to be
based more on how much budget a game has, rather than how you actually
play it.

For example, there's a bunch of recent games using motion control and
related technologies which clearly follow the "you control an
essentially human character in an essentially real world setting", and
yet is clearly aimed at Mr & Mrs Average Human, so it's probably
considered casual.

Perhaps a more accurate classification would be "first person and third
person games" and "everything else".