POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Computer games : Re: Computer games Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:26:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Computer games
From: Darren New
Date: 3 May 2011 12:15:47
Message: <4dc02a33$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/3/2011 9:00, Warp wrote:
> Invisible<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> The other group comprises everything else. I call these "alpha games".
>
>    The rest of the world calls them casual games.

And the first batch is AAA games.

(Thanks, Warp. I was trying to remember what they were called before I
commented on the first batch. :-)

Of course, there are a lot more dimensions than this.  And I don't think
Psychonauts falls under the "casual games" category; it's just an older
top-flight game.

> http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl108.pdf

That's kind of odd, given "look and feel" lawsuits covering everything from
greeting cards to windowing interfaces. I would think the entirety of a
video game (especially a casual one) would fall under "look and feel."

I'm not sure this is talking about video games, given the rest of the
paragraph. It makes much more sense if you read it in terms of something
like board games.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like