POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The hour approaches : Re: After action report Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: After action report
From: Invisible
Date: 3 May 2011 11:45:26
Message: <4dc02316$1@news.povray.org>
>> Well, we certainly didn't enjoy this. An entire day of being in limbo,
>> being
>> almost trampled by the massed hordes, and having no idea what's
>> happening.
>
> You missed an opportunity to meet new friends, talk about other hobbies,
> etc. Heck, sounds like you had enough time to explain monads to someone.
> ;-)

Are you kidding me? I was stood right next to a whole bunch of people I
know, and none of them would talk to me. They were all too busy trying
to keep in touch with what's going on. (Not that you can hear yourself
think over all the racket...)

>> Talk about stress...
>
> I can see it being stressful, but just spending the day chilling works
> too. It's a conscious thing - you have to decide that if it's this
> screwed up, there isn't much you can do to improve it, so you just go
> with it and let it crash.

When they call your name, and you don't actually know where you're
supposed to go or what you're supposed to do, and 350 people are
watching you... yeah, kinda stressful.