POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just found out I'm being laid off : Re: Just found out I'm being laid off Server Time
19 Oct 2024 09:06:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just found out I'm being laid off
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 May 2011 16:24:53
Message: <4dbf1315$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 02 May 2011 21:00:44 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 02/05/2011 8:28 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> So for those who have been following the Novell saga, Attachmate closed
>> the deal last Wednesday.
>>
>> And layoffs were today.  I was one of the 'casualties'.
>
> My congratulations! When I was laid off 20 years ago it turned out to be
> the best thing that could have happened to me.

Yep, if I can find something quickly, that definitely means that this
will be a positive move.  I'm facing it with optimism, and the optimism
is warranted - I've got probably half a dozen leads already through my
professional network.  Whether they'll pan out or not remains to be seen.

But 5 months' severance (more or less) will make this much easier than
the last time I left a job without anywhere to go.  And my experiences at
Novell have put me in a good position to find something else - ready to
start in management and with good technical background, I think my skills
are a good fit for a lot of different types of organizations.

> I should/maybe be in NM late June, could see you then.

Sounds good, we'll have to play it by ear as it's possible (though I
think unlikely because of the work we need to do on the house still) that
I may have relocated by then.

> BTW Are you
> Jim Henderson
>
> Course Development Functional Lead at Novell?

That would be me. :)

Jim