POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Persistence of Vision : Re: Persistence of Vision Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistence of Vision
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 26 Apr 2011 08:28:37
Message: <4db6ba75$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/26/2011 08:22 AM, Stephen wrote:
> So you want the other model. (The first one is Vicki 4, that the mesh I
> posted. the second one, with the globe, is Jessi.) The clothes are
> different and are designed for each individual model. If it is Jessi
> that you want I'll upload the PoseRay generated Mesh and material files
> with image maps. I'll upload the clothes meshes separately so that they
> can be changed. Do you want the clothes to be affected by a wind/her
> walking and is so from what direction. Give me the story in your minds eye.

ha-ha .. OK yep 2nd model. I think my other follow up set the general
idea, but I'll add that maybe the orb (logo inside) maybe just logo I
want to be just floating above her hands. I'd like to try to get it to
cast some colored light back to her face ... maybe a touch of emission
or something to give it a little glow, or maybe something like you did a
while back with the torch and the Lucy figure.

>> and on 2nd thought maybe the obj->poseray->povray version would be better
>> for me ... I'd like to leave the artist aspects up to you
>
> That is the way Thomas does it. I import it into Bishop3D which uses its
> own version of the Mesh and Materials. I suspect that it is not as
> optimised as FlyerX's version.

I think you were just going with your comfort zone using bishop to see
how it looked in the scene ... I think we're past that so poseray with
object centered with y=0 at bottom of character gives me the best
flexibility, if I'm not making you jump through too many hoops ;-)

Cheers