POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Persistence of Vision : Re: Persistence of Vision Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistence of Vision
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 26 Apr 2011 08:04:02
Message: <4db6b4b2$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/26/2011 08:30 AM, Stephen wrote:
> There are always lots of questions. Is she walking or still, In awe of
> the orb, looking at the camera etc.
> You would think that it would be easy to say "use your own judgement"
> but it's not. I might have her smoking a holy pipe or scratching her
> nose before she walks out into the square. OK I would not do that but
> the amount of translucency of her dress is open to question. I see her
> being dressed in pure white. (I'll need to change some image maps for that.

 From the last shot I posted what I'm going for is the camera looking
through the orb/logo -> <0,0,0> (just the other side of the arch
support) ... At that angle the character's face isn't seen much, but
make her somewhere between amazed and awe struck looking at the object
... walking probably not ... I think that's okay fine as is. Costume,
white probably best for the env we're in, some translucency is good. I
see that it's playing with the light coming through the archway ... I
like that! Check out what Sam did for the leaves (backside diffuse) ...
Oh and long-ish hair preference.