From: Darren New
Date: 25 Apr 2011 18:40:40
Message: <4db5f868$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/25/2011 14:13, Jim Henderson wrote:
> But if I were to describe the change in state, it would be "I no longer
> need to believe that the sun is up - I know it is."

So if evidence obviates belief, and evidence obviates faith, what is the
difference between the two?

> IOW, it's not that finding out causes disbelief, it removes the need for
> belief because it's demonstrably true.

We're just using the words differently. Knowledge is justified true belief.
It can be demonstratively true yet not believed (a creationist and
evolution) and it can be demonstratively true and believed (a scientist and
evolution).

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like