From: Darren New
Date: 25 Apr 2011 12:30:50
Message: <4db5a1ba$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/25/2011 9:10, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 16:38:24 -0700, Darren New wrote:
>
>> So I stop believing in god if he actually shows up? I think you have
>> that backwards.
>
> Quoting Douglas Adams:
>
> "Proof denies faith and without faith, I am nothing."

You are conflating "belief" with "faith".  "Faith" is unjustified belief.
Belief can be justified or not, correct or not. It's a state of mind not
necessarily indicative of the real world or not.

Is it still faith if you're right? If god really turns out to exist, would
you say all those people with faith no longer had faith because they were
right all along?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like