From: Darren New
Date: 25 Apr 2011 12:08:06
Message: <4db59c66@news.povray.org>
On 4/25/2011 4:03, andrel wrote:
> - I don't see how I can base any ethics/morality on the existence of a God.

I think if the god in question has scientifically-backed evidence, it's
unlikely to be a god that has anything to do with human ethics or morality.

I.e., I'd agree with you with the god of the bible, but I can't imagine what
form scientific evidence in support of that god might be. But there are lots
of ways one can imagine to find the creator of the universe exists that
hasn't anything to do with specifically creating life on earth or morality.
  For example, the "fine tuned universal constants" argument, if actually
supported, would be evidence (not proof) of a creator that maybe was aiming
for carbon/water based life, but saying nothing about Earth, morality,
humans, etc.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like