POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Persistence of Vision : Re: Persistence of Vision Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistence of Vision
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Apr 2011 06:54:06
Message: <4db552ce@news.povray.org>
On 25/04/2011 11:28 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> On 04/25/2011 06:37 AM, Stephen wrote:
>> On 25/04/2011 8:28 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>> I think maybe one human figure is needed, but in the distance, imo in
>>> the
>>> first arch of the second tier...
>>
>> I think that, that position it would be hardly noticeable. Too small and
>> too dark. I was having trouble putting this model in the shade due to
>> using radiosity and no ambient. But then maybe subtlety is the way to go.
>>

> Not too bad there Stephen ... fairly close to what I'd imagined.

It is only a first pass to get an idea.

> I thought the figure fairly close to the camera (as if the view was that
> of the character) ...

The problem with that is that the camera is in the shadow and little
radiosity light gets to the model. So this image has 3 fill lights
(including a back light to show the translucence of the dress, which
doesn't work). You can see the the shadows are too deep and mesh
artefacts show up. I can subdivide the dress but, later.

> arms out either holding an orb of sorts (logo
> encased in the orb) or reaching towards the courtyard with the
> appearance of holding or reaching for the logo/sculpture that Rob is
> working on.

I would need the rough dimensions of the orb to get the hands right and
the apparent weight to gauge how far back she was leaning to balance it.
Collaborations are not easy.

When I can get all the image files together I'll post the include file
for you and others to play with.

--
Regards
     Stephen