POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Persistence of Vision : Re: Persistence of Vision Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistence of Vision
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 24 Apr 2011 22:31:11
Message: <4db4dcef@news.povray.org>
On 04/24/2011 08:09 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> "Jim Holsenback"<jho### [at] povrayorg>  schreef in bericht
>> Oh cool ... when I mentioned character I forgot to say "not necessarily" a
>> human character ... good idea Thomas!
>
> I uploaded the necessary files to p.t.s-f.

I was able to get caught up with all the latest additions and thought I
post a look at what I've got so far.

All my changes were in the main and buildings files (updates posted)
here's a summary:

I changed the court yard tile scaling for the tile size (not the area it
covers) and the thickness of the tile a well. I also discovered that one
the tori used to round the arch edges was missing ... LOL that was easy
to fix as I figured Sam wasn't prone to mistakes like that ... I went
right to the problem (something I'd done). I also worked on the camera
pose a bit and have changed it now so that you can rotate through the
scene without fear of a transporter accident (ending up inside an
object) ... there are a /lot/ of views in this scene now, some will show
where the architecture is missing because it just wasn't in the view
...so if anyone comes up with a view the think shows some promise ...
shout! The current camera setting shows the shot I'm favoring at the
moment. I think with the addition of objects has changed the radiosity
tuning. If someone wants to have a go at firming that up that would be
great ... I'm anxious to see what character additions that you guys will
come up with, but I think we're getting close!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ndi.png' (759 KB)

Preview of image 'ndi.png'