From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 24 Apr 2011 19:35:46
Message: <4db4b3d2$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/23/2011 2:45 PM, andrel wrote:
>> That undermines not only teaching real science, but the ability for
>> students to think about problems in a rational way.
>
> Are Americans worse programmers than Japanese?

Two problems with that question. 1) Japanese are hardly atheists, they
*tend* to be some strange mix of pantheist/animist/pagan, 2) they are
driven heavily to achieve, not slack off, 3) while a lot of twits that
go for ID also seem to be programmers (due to the, "I design something
like DNA, so something else could have), they **must** otherwise have
fairly robust problem solving. So.. I would say, on a whole, more of
them probably *could* program, whether they are better or not. And, by
contrast, you will find US programmers babbling idiot nonsense on
biology websites like, despite the US military using such things
effectively for decades now, "genetic algorithms are not as good at
target tracking, from my experience using them to try to build one, as
hand coded designed stuff!" So.. I would say that, also, in some cases
the answer would be, "hell yes".