From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Apr 2011 01:05:10
Message: <4db3af86@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 14:04:57 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> On 4/23/2011 12:46, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> It's quite ridiculous.
>
> Probably due to a long history of killing people who argued with the
> authority in charge.

Well, I don't know about that - in the US we have frequent disagreements
and arguments about various things, ranging from politics to American
Idol <barf>.  Sometimes quite intense at that.

But when it comes to religion, there is a very strong veneer of "oooh,
don't even go there!  You're questioning someone's *beliefs*" that's just
weird.

> Just like in the USA, I can say Obama is a wrinkle-bottomed poopy-pants,
> and in China I'd probably at least get beaten up if not imprisoned.

Sure, but that's different than when it comes to religion.

Jim