POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Persistence of Vision : Re: Persistence of Vision Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistence of Vision
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 23 Apr 2011 18:08:31
Message: <4db34ddf@news.povray.org>
On 04/23/2011 04:30 PM, Robert McGregor wrote:
> I've not had much time to POV the last several days but here's an ornate stone
> bench I came up with today that can be placed here and there... the seat
> ornaments and ornate front bench "legs" are bevelled text objects using the
> wingdings2 font.

Very nice Rob ... Right away I see a couple places for it ... I know for
sure some or most detail will be lost pushing it out by the trees in
front of the staircase ... but I also see a place perhaps 90 degrees
from the shrubs inside at each (or some) of the big arch pillars. Yes
indeed ... very nice!

In this go round I was able to get the shrub tree placement done. I also
got Thomas' changes in and found one more place so I added the staircase
to the 1st level and textured it as one unit ... big difference with the
over-all appearance. I did some minor scaling with the flower pot and
under-dish ... and lastly some minor cosmetic changes in the main scene
file and in the buildings file.

I'll post those changes shortly

Jim

Post a reply to this message