From: Jim Henderson
Date: 23 Apr 2011 15:46:20
Message: <4db32c8c$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 11:05:09 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> And, it would be just so "strident", or something, to point out that the
> world is no in fact flat to such people... lol

I have to admit that I agree with Dawkins about how strange it is that we
afford religion some kind of 'special protection' from questioning when
we don't afford the same protection to other topics.

If I tell you that the world is flat, you can scientifically dispute that
(and prove that I'm wrong) and everything's fine.  If I tell you that my
religious holy book says that the world is flat, though, then somehow
it's offensive to argue with me about that.

It's quite ridiculous.

Jim