POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Git tutorial : Re: Git tutorial Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Git tutorial
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Apr 2011 14:22:17
Message: <4db318d9$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/23/2011 10:48, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> My general reaction being "don't do that",

Sounds like a problem for any dvcs. Some development cycles take a while,
you know? :-)

It seems like a problem exactly because darcs doesn't record what version of
the code you were using when you made a particular change. If I change
something "at the same time" as you change something that uses the old
version, there's nothing recording that you wrote that after I made my
change but before you actually knew about my change. *That* is the "linear"
bit you're complaining about in git.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like