POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Git tutorial : Re: Git tutorial Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:26:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Git tutorial
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 23 Apr 2011 07:08:24
Message: <4db2b328$1@news.povray.org>
On 22/04/2011 12:46 AM, Darren New wrote:
> On 4/21/2011 13:28, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> 1. Having a copy of someone else's changes is useless unless I can
>> incorporate them into the latest version of the files.
>
> Also, does Darcs record when you applied various patches?

Not to my knowledge, no. It records who created a patch and when, but
not when it was applied to any particular repo.

> So if, for example, I'm working, and everything's good, and I take some
> patches from you, then work some more, then take some patches from Sam,
> then work some more, then run my test and it fails, can I figure out
> that it was Sam's patches, even if he created those patches before I
> even cloned the repository in the first place?

In that case you're presumably going to revert patches until the problem
goes away. Maybe one patch broke something, maybe its an interaction of
several patches. You turn patches on and off until you figure out what's up.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/