POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Git tutorial : Re: Git tutorial Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Git tutorial
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 23 Apr 2011 06:25:18
Message: <4db2a90e$1@news.povray.org>
On 22/04/2011 12:39 AM, Darren New wrote:
> On 4/21/2011 13:07, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> Well, git *does* store stuff in files, so technically you could copy the
>>> files. But by "copy files" I mean "use git to copy the new files." As
>>> in, "you don't have to run any diffs or patches or anything".
>>
>> Oh, I see.
>
> Actually, you can store a repository on an http server and give everyone
> read access to the repository, and everyone can update from there. So,
> yeah, it basically *can* be done by copying the right files from one
> place to another.

I've done this with Darcs. Unfortunately, to update the repo, you
basically delete it off the server and copy the current version over
there - which is tedious. (By default, the server would also have a
working copy - which is pointless. Fortunately, if you delete that bit,
it still works.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/