From: Jim Henderson
Date: 23 Apr 2011 01:05:30
Message: <4db25e1a$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 15:47:38 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> Strictly speaking, its only a violation if it only covers "one" creation
> theory, from a single religion.

If they're doing a comparative religions course, sure.  Not if they're
calling it 'science'.  Another case of laypeople using a term in a way
that is not appropriate.

> The problem is: a) there is no way in
> hell they would allow other creation theories. b) they would play the
> same idiot game as they do in government, if allowed, which is to say,
> "Since we don't have any X people here, we are only going to address the
> creation beliefs of the people that actually are in the class."

Which would be total BS, because it's not a religious studies course,
it's a science course, in which case, the topic under discussion is
scientific fact, not "nobody believes the FSM created the world or that
the world exists on the back of a giant turtle, so we won't discuss that."

Jim