POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old fart? : Re: Old fart? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:11:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old fart?
From: John VanSickle
Date: 22 Apr 2011 13:15:05
Message: <4db1b799$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/13/2011 10:30 PM, Darren New wrote:
> Am I old, or is it really unprofessional to publish an API and have the
> official documentation for the function call be "go read this guy's blog
> from last June to see an example of how to use this API"? Even if the
> guy is the one that implemented it?

In the military in the 2000-01 timeframe they release the Job
Qualification Standard for my specialty (small computers maintenance),
and many of the training references were to websites.  Many of the web
sites did not belong to the military, and some of them were no longer
on-line when I went to read them.

Nice idea, until you try it.

Regards,
John