POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Persistence of Vision : Re: Persistence of Vision Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistence of Vision
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 22 Apr 2011 11:32:37
Message: <4db19f95@news.povray.org>
On 04/22/2011 02:21 AM, Samuel Benge wrote:
> "Samuel Benge"<stb### [at] hotmailcom>  wrote:
>> "Samuel Benge"<stb### [at] hotmailcom>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Here's a test involving hanging branches. Maybe the trees (shrubs) could be up
>>> on pedestals?
>>>

>> I went ahead and dropped the new version (potted shrub) over to the usual place.
>> Same leaf, though it connects more closely to the branches now. The leaves
>> change color near the ends, though they could be a little bluer to help
>> distinguish the plant from the other trees.
>>
>> It takes a bit long to parse (over 12 seconds on my machine), so it might need
>> some preview settings (a lower Seg value).
>
> Some pruned shrubs here. They might be a nicer option than the others, for a
> courtyard anyway :) The spherical version parses fairly quickly. If you're
> interested I'll get 'em ready... tomorrow... ;o

I hope the "pruned" version is as plug and play as 1st go round ... in
front of the big arches these were added at scale 0.5 the background
ones at 0.95 and 0.75 I do see some positioning (rotate y) opportunities
and I only did rough collision checking for now ... maybe pruned will
give me a hand by making the object zone a little more predictable.
Right now doing OK placing them just with knowledge of the geometry.

I'm starting to wonder if we should be showing the center piece inside.
If we do that maybe there should be a stage left hole punched into the
wall (out of cam view) to let some environment in to help radiosity.

You can also see a bit more of the sky in this shot ... hdr map?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ndi.png' (729 KB)

Preview of image 'ndi.png'