POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random research : Re: Random research Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random research
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Apr 2011 19:14:42
Message: <4db0ba62$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/21/2011 15:39, Warp wrote:
>    Your film industry has made pretty sure that we know the major coastal
> cities there...

Hey, San Diego is the sixth biggest city in the country and I think there's
maybe 2 movies where anything happens here. You should have heard the cheer
here when the Jurrasic Park dinosaur swam ashore.  (Or was that Godzilla?)

> :P (For some reason non-coastal cities are rarer in
> Hollywood movies.

I'm having trouble thinking of any "major" cities that *aren't* on the coast
here, besides those you mentioned. I'd actually have to look at a map of
cities to be reminded of them.

>    Btw, is just us who are confused by Washington DC and the state of
> Washington being at almost opposite ends of the country?

It can get confusing if someone's talking about both or something. People
here have to distinguish "DC" from "Washington state" if it's not clear,
yeah. I don't think the geography of it has anything to do with it, tho.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like