POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random research : Re: Random research Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random research
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Apr 2011 18:00:42
Message: <4db0a90a@news.povray.org>
On 4/21/2011 14:41, Warp wrote:
>    I guessed you were talking about Los Angeles, but had to double-check
> with a quick google search to make sure I wasn't making a wrong assumption.

That's fair. Just to be clear, I wasn't criticizing. I was honestly
interested if educated folks in northern europe recognized the name or not.

I've given lectures where I'm trying to tell people where I'm from (back
when I was in Delaware), and there would be people who hadn't heard of
Philadelphia or Boston, so you'd have to say "halfway between NYC and
Washington DC", which most everyone had heard of, at least outside of Asia.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like