POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Git tutorial : Re: Git tutorial Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:29:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Git tutorial
From: Darren New
Date: 21 Apr 2011 11:34:29
Message: <4db04e85@news.povray.org>
On 4/21/2011 1:17, Invisible wrote:
> If you don't want
> changes you've made, you either record commits reverting them, or you just
> delete them from the history outright.

OK. It wasn't obvious from the bits I read that it was easy to delete
changes from the repository. I guess Darcs probably does that better than
mercurial or something.

> Well, yes, if you delete all your work, you have a problem. This isn't
> unique to Darcs. I'm not seeing what your point is...

That the solution to deleting branches you're in the middle of working on is
the same in both cases: "Duh, don't do that. Or make backups."

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like