POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Persistence of Vision : Re: Persistence of Vision Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistence of Vision
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 20 Apr 2011 15:48:15
Message: <4daf387f$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/20/2011 02:57 PM, stbenge wrote:
> OK. I might start off making only a basic bladed plant.

LOL maybe it should be trees ... All the work I did today was mostly
cosmetic and not worth posting an update for ... I did try to develop a
transition from the 2nd level into the court yard and rejected one or
two things before deciding that it has to be a stairway from the
+z-direction wall to the ground level. I think it'll be more harmonious
with the angle and direction of the light ... I like the shadow play on
the level ups and on up the face of the adjacent structure, also what's
coming through the big arches at the mid-line ... so I'll be forging
ahead with the staircase idea.

This place is huge ... at the stated scale the inside crest of the big
arches are 50ft off the deck ... I think I hear an echo ;-)