POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old fart? : Re: Old fart? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old fart?
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Apr 2011 10:52:15
Message: <4daef31f$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/20/2011 1:25, Invisible wrote:
> That's not even shareware any more. You get a free 30-day trail, and after
> that you're legally required to pay for it.

I think that's how it has always been.

> How did all the other Unicies work?

They were all processor-specific. You bought it from the hardware vendor,
just like you bought Apple DOS from Apple, TRS-DOS from Tandy, etc.

>> Next time you have a problem, I'll show you how to find the answer. It's
>> generally not difficult, altho sometimes it can be ugly.
>
> Any idea why printing through Terminal Services keeps breaking for no
> apparent reason?

Wow. OK, step one, learn to file a bug report.

When you go to the mechanic, do you say "my car's wrong, fix it"? Or do you
actually describe the symptoms, what you tried to do to fix it, what search
terms you used, etc?

> How or to clearly document when a hotfix is included in some later hotfix or
> service pack.

I've seen few rollups that didn't list the hotfixes included, or how to tell
whether you need a hotfix or how to tell whether you already have it, if you
actually read the KB article about it.

 > Or clearly state what product version(s) the information in a
> document applies to. Or...

Oh come on.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)