POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Persistence of Vision : Re: Persistence of Vision Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistence of Vision
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 20 Apr 2011 07:13:24
Message: <4daebfd4$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/19/2011 09:59 PM, stbenge wrote:
 > On 4/19/2011 4:19 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
 >> On another topic: camera view ... I've been trying out some other
 >> angles. Everyone who's been playing along give this view at shot and see
 >> what you think:
 >>
 >> #declare CamPos = <-10,1.4,-23>;
 >> #declare LookAt = <22.1,0,33.15>;
 >>
 >> That means we're going to need some eye candy for inside, but I really
 >> like this shot.
 >
 > I like that view. A /slight/ change in look_at might help balance things
 > out: #declare LookAt = <22.1, 3, 33.15>; That way the main arch isn't
 > being clipped strangely near the top, and the lower-right sun patch is
 > still in the picture.
 >
 > The area_light settings I added might need to be fuzzier too, since it
 > would make everything look much bigger.

Looked pretty close to me ...
how did you arrive at: area_light x*0.03*LightDist, z*0.03*LightDist 5,5
adaptive 3 jitter orient circular

(the 0.03 part) ... some ratio of FadeDist size?? I'm making some notes
for the write up

 > I guess I should start making some potted plants now...

posted (p.t.scene-files) a clay pot and under dish ... I've been getting
some good mileage out of them ... maybe they'll be useful

 > For a collaborative effort, it's really turning out nicely :)

no kidding ... I'm really enjoying this :-)