POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Persistence of Vision : Re: Persistence of Vision Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:31:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistence of Vision
From: stbenge
Date: 19 Apr 2011 20:59:08
Message: <4dae2fdc@news.povray.org>
On 4/19/2011 4:19 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> On another topic: camera view ... I've been trying out some other
> angles. Everyone who's been playing along give this view at shot and see
> what you think:
>
> #declare CamPos = <-10,1.4,-23>;
> #declare LookAt = <22.1,0,33.15>;
>
> That means we're going to need some eye candy for inside, but I really
> like this shot.

I like that view. A /slight/ change in look_at might help balance things
out: #declare LookAt = <22.1, 3, 33.15>; That way the main arch isn't
being clipped strangely near the top, and the lower-right sun patch is
still in the picture.

The area_light settings I added might need to be fuzzier too, since it
would make everything look much bigger.

> I haven't looked at Sam's latest yet but I didn't notice a "view"
> mention in his summary, so I thought I'd toss that out there ... another
> even idea. It would be easy enough to duplicate the current position one
> level up to get a better look (down) at the tile work in the courtyard.

The tile work will definitely need to be expanded to accommodate
different views, but it should be easy to fix, and will only result in a
longer parse time.

I guess I should start making some potted plants now...

For a collaborative effort, it's really turning out nicely :)

~Sam