POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Persistence of Vision : Re: Persistence of Vision Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:34:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistence of Vision
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 19 Apr 2011 19:19:29
Message: <4dae1881$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/19/2011 02:20 PM, Robert McGregor wrote:
> Jim Holsenback<jho### [at] povrayorg>  wrote:
>> I've broken out the logo centerpiece into it's own include file as I see
>> that as the next piece of the puzzle. Rob McGregor mentioned that he'd
>> like to get involved ... Rob I'm thinking blobs and looks like a
>> sculpture, as a 1st pass idea, but not locked into that notion.
>
> Sounds cool, I'll start working on the blob sculpture idea.

Great Rob ... looking forward to seeing what you come up with :-)

On another topic: camera view ... I've been trying out some other
angles. Everyone who's been playing along give this view at shot and see
what you think:

#declare CamPos = <-10,1.4,-23>;
#declare LookAt = <22.1,0,33.15>;

That means we're going to need some eye candy for inside, but I really
like this shot.

I haven't looked at Sam's latest yet but I didn't notice a "view"
mention in his summary, so I thought I'd toss that out there ... another
even idea. It would be easy enough to duplicate the current position one
level up to get a better look (down) at the tile work in the courtyard.

Anyway ... I really appreciate everyones help. I'm amazed how quickly
it's starting to take shape

Jim