POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old fart? : Re: Old fart? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old fart?
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Apr 2011 17:11:31
Message: <4dadfa83$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/19/2011 13:40, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> On 19/04/2011 05:13 PM, Darren New wrote:
>> On 4/19/2011 8:55, Invisible wrote:
>>> How did you know it's something to do with SMB?
>>
>> MRxSmb
>
> Wow, that's some impressive guesswork.

Thank you. It comes with experience.

>> Plus, "redirector" and "connector" are terms that SMB uses to describe
>> the different parts of the stack.
>
> Great if you already happen to know about that somehow.

It's your job to learn this stuff. Now you know. Go read up how it works. :-)

> Oh, wait. Windows costs hundreds of pounds, while Linux is given away for
> free. Hmm, OK, maybe I should complain. :-P

But it *is* documented. Indeed, I gave you the microsoft links that document
it. A trivial search showed the answer to your question on microsoft's site.
  Why do you keep complaining that Microsoft doesn't document this stuff,
especially in response to a thread that points you at the microsoft
documentation found with a trivial search of the obvious?

Hundreds of pounds doesn't pay for someone to come and telepathically inject
into your brain the answers.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like