POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Git tutorial : Re: Git tutorial Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:25:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Git tutorial
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Apr 2011 17:05:59
Message: <4dadf937@news.povray.org>
On 4/19/2011 12:45, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Let's start a holy troll war. best OS or browser is so 20th century.

I honestly wasn't recommending git.

However, that said, and with the understanding that I haven't looked at the
other DVCSs, I think git has a very interesting layered approach to the problem.

First you have the virtual file system that is the repository.

Then on top you have actual commits and such, almost completely independent
of the file system model.

Then on top of that you have stuff like packs and transfer protocols and
such, again almost completely independent of the file system and commit model.

Kind of cool, in much the same way that Second Life has a kind of cool
business model regardless of how well they actually implemented the code.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like