POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old fart? : Re: Old fart? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old fart?
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 19 Apr 2011 16:40:32
Message: <4dadf340$1@news.povray.org>
On 19/04/2011 05:13 PM, Darren New wrote:
> On 4/19/2011 8:55, Invisible wrote:
>> How did you know it's something to do with SMB?
>
> MRxSmb

Wow, that's some impressive guesswork.

> Plus, "redirector" and "connector" are terms that SMB uses to describe
> the different parts of the stack.

Great if you already happen to know about that somehow.

> The "redirector" is the part that
> takes the request to X:\... and turns it into a request to
> \\server\share\... by intercepting the request and redirecting it to the
> appropriate networking layers.
>
> The connector is, I think, the part that actually transports the SMB
> protocol over an underlying protocol.

I suppose I shouldn't complain too much. It's not like Linux documents
this stuff either...

Oh, wait. Windows costs hundreds of pounds, while Linux is given away
for free. Hmm, OK, maybe I should complain. :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/