POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old fart? : Re: Old fart? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:28:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old fart?
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 19 Apr 2011 16:31:20
Message: <4dadf118$1@news.povray.org>
>> Admittedly I don't know hundreds of thousands of people. Still, the vast
>> majority of people I know IRL don't know what Linux is, have never heard
>> of Firefox, and think MS Office is the only "proper" office suite. You
>> know, as if anything you can download for free off the Internet is
>> either an illegal pirate copy or a shoddy imitation.
>
> Many people do feel that way.  I remember reading a story in the past
> year about a teacher who told a student to get rid of that Linux stuff
> because they must've pirated it - nobody gives stuff away for free.

I remember reading about a memory of library stuff who saw somebody
using Telnet. She screamed "OH MY GOD, YOU'RE HACKING OUR COMPUTERS!!!"
and turned the computer off at the wall. The guy tried to explain what
he was actually doing, but she wouldn't have it.

Apparently there are a lot of stupid people...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/