POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old fart? : Re: Old fart? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:31:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old fart?
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Apr 2011 14:28:41
Message: <4dadd459@news.povray.org>
On 4/19/2011 11:04, Jim Henderson wrote:
> If it isn't especially complicated, then why do you have problems
> understanding what some of the options do or are for?

Bazinga?

> Have you written a word processor?  Do you know how much work and testing
> goes into creating something like MS Word or OpenOffice Writer?

Actually, I think there's probably more work than most OSS projects would
want to spend just getting the documentation right.

>> Of course, OpenOffice has no documentation either. But then you're just
>> grateful to be getting a reasonably good bit of software for free...
>
> I find the built-in help to be pretty useful myself.

Ever notice how the OSS projects that *really* take off are the ones that
have good documentation?  And the ones that limp along on three paws are the
ones where you scour the internet to find half-ass tutorials on the version
five years old?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like