POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old fart? : Re: Old fart? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:19:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old fart?
From: Invisible
Date: 19 Apr 2011 05:56:04
Message: <4dad5c34$1@news.povray.org>
>> STOP messages you can usually look up. (Almost all of them mean
>> "something happened which is never supposed to happen. Go check your
>> hardware and device drivers." But then, I guess that's the nature of a
>> kernel failure...)
>
> Um, yes, STOP messages are a type of ABEND (ie, Abnormal End) of the
> kernel.

Usually "unhandled kernel-mode exception" or "page fault in non-paged
area". Fortunately, I haven't seen one of these for years now. I used to
see them almost daily.

> But those aren't the only error messages I ever had to look up, and I
> never really had a problem finding *something* about the error I was
> running into, that was my point.

Perhaps you can tell me what event #3019 from MRxSmb means then, because
the description merely says "the redirector failed to determine the
connection type". (WHAT redirector? WHAT connection? WTF?)

> I'm not really sure what that has to do with what I was saying....

Once upon a time, a compiler or interpreter would have come with an
extensive user manual. Today you get far less.

Then again, GHC costs nothing. The Pascal compiler I used to use cost me
£80. (!!)