From: Alain
Date: 18 Apr 2011 20:02:47
Message: <4dacd127@news.povray.org>

> In other words, there was no logical reason it couldn't have run from
> the power being still generated. Well, unless there was something in
> there so that, under disaster conditions, it "stopped" generating power,
> so shorts couldn't happen. Still... I don't get it.

It's just that the pumps were connected to the wrong power source.
You need that connection when you start the reactor to get everything in
motion. But once started, any power plant, using ANY technology, must be
self powered.

At Fukujima, it was'nt the case, and they payd dearly for that mistake.

Alain