POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Persistence of Vision : Re: Persistence of Vision Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistence of Vision
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 18 Apr 2011 15:46:00
Message: <4dac94f8@news.povray.org>
On 04/18/2011 02:10 AM, Samuel Benge wrote:
> Jim Holsenback<jho### [at] povrayorg>  wrote:
>>
>> Integrated your changes with mine ... not settled with the POV-Ray just
>> added that to give an idea of how it's starting to shape up. I'll play
>> around some more with the background arches ... maybe another level up
>> ... dunno. In the mean time if someone is into trying to come up with a
>> ground plane (thinking cobble stones) that would be cool.
>
> Cobble stones would be cool... I've got this procedural irregular bricks pattern
> going, but it doesn't take well to low camera angles. It could probably be made
> into an isosurface using one of its faster modes.
>
> The POV logo is just a placeholder. Feel free to incorporate or reject any or
> all changes :)
>
> ~Sam

Hey this is really starting to take shape! I merged your
changes/additions and I've started to develop the next level. I think
I'm going to be able to duplicate the previous layer and just move it up
one level (background smaller arches) ... first I squared away the 3
near background level ups ... they are now at 5,6, and 7 respectively.

I've broken out the logo centerpiece into it's own include file as I see
that as the next piece of the puzzle. Rob McGregor mentioned that he'd
like to get involved ... Rob I'm thinking blobs and looks like a
sculpture, as a 1st pass idea, but not locked into that notion.

Also updated the files over in p.t-scene-files. Oh yeah ... really like
the texture work Sam ... nice job!

Jim

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: