POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old fart? : Re: Old fart? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old fart?
From: Stephen
Date: 18 Apr 2011 13:27:44
Message: <4dac7490$1@news.povray.org>
On 18/04/2011 8:58 AM, Invisible wrote:
> Oh hell yeah... I'll never forget the time one of the pistols LEFT THE
> ENGINE BLOCK while we were driving back to the camp site one time while
> on holiday. o_O

Pissed and broke, been there done that ;-)

>>> and some but not all
>>> families owned an 8-bit home computer of some sort.
>>
>> I forgot, you live in the affluent south. (As I do now.)
>
> Is there actually a difference?

Seriously, yes.

> I remember my sister collecting marbles. All sorts of different colours.
> Other than looking at them, we could never figure out anything
> interesting to do with 'em though.

You need someone to play with. The most prized ones, where I was dragged
up, were steelies, large ball bearings.

>> My old Acer laptop came with a manual on the HDD.
>
> Really? I haven't seen that on any of the ones I've bought or used.

Search for manual.

>> A tad more people than than that but I worked in industry then so there
>> was more need for things like spreadsheets etc.
>
> I imagine most people who had a laptop actually had "the company's
> laptop", not one of their own.

Yeah! I would say so, too.

>>> During boiling, the outside of the kettle may become hot. This does not
>>> indicate a fault condition.
>>
>> LOL
>
> No kidding, the manual for our tap says that shortly after use, it may
> dribble water, and this is not a fault. (It's a swan-neck tap.)

I've seen signs like that too.

>>> Solo games are still games. ;-)
>>
>> I was thinking of people like your clan.
>
> Sure. But even if you only play Freecell, that's still a "use" for a
> computer, as such...

Okay, okay, I was wrong. (Put it in your diary, in 2011 Stephen was
wrong.) ;-)

--
Regards
     Stephen