POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old fart? : Re: Old fart? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:20:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old fart?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 18 Apr 2011 12:07:24
Message: <4dac61bc@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 15:50:10 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Meh. I remember when you couldn't *get* software without paying money
> for it! :-P
>
> $20 for a word processor isn't expensive. $200 is.

Then you must be older than you claim, because freeware has been around
nearly as long as computing has been.

$200 isn't very much money if you have it.  We've been over that before.

But as Darren said, if you don't want to pay $200 for it, don't - use a
free alternative.  But don't be surprised if you discover that the free
version doesn't have the same features as the $200 one does or can't read
the files that people send you.

Though with openoffice/libreoffice, my experience has been good, some
people haven't had similar experiences.

Jim