From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 16 Apr 2011 19:48:27
Message: <4daa2acb@news.povray.org>
On 4/16/2011 6:22 AM, Warp wrote:
> Darren New<dne### [at] sanrrcom>  wrote:
>> On 4/14/2011 11:55, Warp wrote:
>>>     I don't understand how it can be legal to expel someone for the sole
>>> reason of wearing a t-shirt that says you're an atheist.
>
>> The authorities treated it the same as someone wearing a shirt that said
>> "nigger" on it or something. Basically, it was insulting and harassing the
>> people who aren't atheists. They treated it the same way as they would have
>> treated someone religious preaching at you during class.
>
>    Seems that the authorities there have a rather poor understanding of
> their own constitution. (Perhaps it's a case of tl;dr.)

You think? Nah.. I am sure its just a fluke that most of them, when
asked, think that the Declaration of Independence is part of it, can't
name the first 4 amendments without getting them wrong, or, when asked
about SCOTUS, or anything else the government does, can't name one damn
program, decision, or law in "any" of it, other than, of course, the
ones they want to get rid of (and then, more often than not, they can't
describe what they hell it is, or why they actually appose it).

Its not a case of tl;dr. For way too many of them its more a case of
nib;dr, "Not in Bible, don't read", or nmpp;dr, "Not my parties policy,
do not read". That this leads to idiot things like them apposing their
own, or their own party member's, own state laws/policies, while
attacking federal ones, is just a bonus for the people watching the
circus. It gets a little less fun though, when the elephant shits on
you, on the way out the door of the tent.