From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 16 Apr 2011 13:42:05
Message: <4da9d4ed$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/04/2011 02:14 PM, Warp wrote:

>    Improving public transportation to reduce the need for private cars is
> another efficient way to reduce pollution.

See, now, where I live, the government thinks that making private
transport too expensive will make everybody use public transport.

This is absurd, of course. The way to make people use public transport
is to make it ACTUALLY FRICKING WORK.

I still remember visiting my sister in Manchester one time. I was amazed
when we just wandered up to the nearest bus stop, stood there for about
2 minutes, and a bus arrived. If you did that in my town, you might
stand there for *days* and never see a bus!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/