From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 16 Apr 2011 06:10:47
Message: <4da96b27@news.povray.org>
>> I *would* be surprised if you can make a car that can withstand a 100MPH
>> crash. :-P
>
> Yet again, reading comprehension is low. ;-) I didn't say anything about
> the *car* surviving the crash.

Designing it so the car doesn't survive the crash but the people inside
do would be even more miraculous...

> It's pretty commonly understood, and really not at all difficult to
> prove, considering you can go out and buy one of those cars and plug it
> in to see. It's hard to have controversial statements about things like
> "how much does gasoline cost?" or "how much electricity does this
> commercially-available consumer product use?"

It's news to me that anybody is producing electric cars yet. I'm aware
that they've been producing proof-of-concept designs for decades. But I
didn't think any of this stuff had reached the shops yet.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/