From: Darren New
Date: 15 Apr 2011 14:36:08
Message: <4da89018$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/15/2011 10:04, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> So it's full of radiation, but if you smash it up, it somehow doesn't
> release any radiation? How would *that* work?

Why do I have to google for you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pebble_bed_reactor#Safety_features

> I *would* be surprised if you can make a car that can withstand a 100MPH
> crash. :-P

Yet again, reading comprehension is low. ;-) I didn't say anything about the
*car* surviving the crash.

> And now we have to sit down and figure out who funded them to publish that,
> where they got their data from, what methods they actually used, etc. It's
> not as simple as "it's true, because this random website says so".

It's pretty commonly understood, and really not at all difficult to prove,
considering you can go out and buy one of those cars and plug it in to see.
It's hard to have controversial statements about things like "how much does
gasoline cost?" or "how much electricity does this commercially-available
consumer product use?"

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like