From: Darren New
Date: 15 Apr 2011 14:24:35
Message: <4da88d63$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/15/2011 10:00, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> If it's so simple and easy, why isn't everyone doing it?

Hey, 3GHz 4-core processors only cost like $200. Why didn't we have those
back in the original PC?

>> That's a very low level of radiation.
>
> How do you work that one out?

Put it this way. You have a chemical that will react and release enough
energy to boil 10 gallons of water. If you spend 20 minutes reacting it to
boil ten gallons of water, is that safer or more dangerous than releasing it
all in three milliseconds?  Would you rather be standing next to an
automobile that's idling or an automobile where the gas tank is exploding?
It's the same amount of total energy.

The longer the half life, the less radiation is being emitted per pound of
material. That just falls out of the definition of half life.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like