From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 15 Apr 2011 13:04:12
Message: <4da87a8c@news.povray.org>
>> I'd be rather surprised if you can build a system powered by radiation
>> such that it doesn't use much radiation.
>
> I didn't say that. I said a mistake doesn't leak dangerous radioactivity.

So it's full of radiation, but if you smash it up, it somehow doesn't
release any radiation? How would *that* work?

> If I said "it's possible to build a car that can hit a wall at 100MPH
> without the passenger getting hurt", would you say "I'd be rather
> surprised you can build a car that won't run into walls."

I *would* be surprised if you can make a car that can withstand a 100MPH
crash. :-P

>>> The advantage is it's far more efficient to generate the power centrally
>>> and distribute it than it is to generate it locally.
>>
>> Is it?
>
> http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=electric-cars-cost-per-charge
>
> How come I do your googling for you? :-)

And now we have to sit down and figure out who funded them to publish
that, where they got their data from, what methods they actually used,
etc. It's not as simple as "it's true, because this random website says so".

>> In that case, just ban *all* forms of lighting! That should create a
>> market
>> demand alright...
>
> Well, banned for everyone but essential legislative services, of course.

LOL. Yeah...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/