POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HDR Studio Lights : Re: HDR Studio Lights Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:13:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDR Studio Lights
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 15 Apr 2011 04:52:11
Message: <4da8073b$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/15/2011 01:15 AM, Tim Cook wrote:
> Question about use of HDRI and reflection mapping...how does one get the
> positioning come out correctly so that shadows fall on the 'ground' of
> the surrounding image, and the object itself appears to sit on the same?

First I start with the image on a smaller sphere at origin. Map out
where the bright spots and points of interest are ... Use an even
smaller set of spheres (think of them as pins on a map) and transform
them around the image sphere. Works best with camera at -z ... that way
x is up and down and y is left and right.