POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Disappointed in xbox hardware : Re: Disappointed in xbox hardware Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Disappointed in xbox hardware
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Apr 2011 23:17:51
Message: <4da7b8df@news.povray.org>
On 4/14/2011 16:23, Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Uh.. They = developers, something = anything using the damn graphics card,
> in this case games.

So you're complaining that games under Linux on the PC don't run as well as
games on the xbox? Or games under Windows don't run as well as on the xbox?

If they're expecting to release it on the xbox, and then you want it to run
as well under Linux, well, that's a problem. Especially if one targets
directx directly instead of with some thin layer that can be replaced.

I am not even sure how one does 3D graphics under X, honestly. Last I looked
at the low-level stuff, that wasn't really supported.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like