POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Scripting language for multiplatform distribution? : Re: Scripting language for multiplatform distribution? Server Time
29 Apr 2024 06:28:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scripting language for multiplatform distribution?
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 14 Apr 2011 17:51:13
Message: <4da76c51$1@news.povray.org>
El 14/04/11 23:29, Darren New escribió:
> On 4/14/2011 14:22, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
>> My problem with the executable option was that my script needed
>> editing in *all cases*, for every scene.
>
> You *could* prompt every time you run the script? Or take a file name
> on the command line to indicate what the parameters are? Or the name
> of an ini file to read from? Depending on how many there are?

   Yes, of course all these were possible... I just wanted to avoid the
extra work of implementing any of them. So I was originally looking for
an interpreted language for which I could just distribute the editable
script. But by now I've already realized that I cannot be that lazy...
in the end, it's just a few text fields, some dropdowns and a button.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org