POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Judgement day : Re: Judgement day Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:33:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Judgement day
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 Apr 2011 17:35:16
Message: <4da76894$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 22:14:37 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Consider the attached picture. This is me and my lady last saturday
> night.
>
> I should point out that it wasn't broad daylight like this until some
> guy with a £2,000 Nikon DSLR fired is dazzlingly bright flash at us.
> Before that, the room was actually almost pitch black, so we're not
> quite as brave as we look. ;-)

I don't see any reason for you not to be brave enough to do that in the
light.  It's hard to tell from a still, but you sure look like you're
having fun, and that's certainly at least as important as anything else.

> As we left the building, some bird stopped my lady and said something to
> her. Obviously I couldn't hear what they were saying to each other. But
> when we got outside, I discovered that the lady stopped to ask whether
> we're professional dancers. (!)

Well done. :)

> Well, I guess if you've never actually seen real professionals up close
> and personal, you might mistake somebody who knows what their doing for
> a pro. ;-)

Well the difference between someone with a skilled/competent amateur and
someone who's a 'pro' is the pro is getting paid (most likely).  You
don't have to be being paid to be good (and one could argue, that
amateurs tend to be better because they're not motivated by the paycheck,
but rather by the sheer joy of just doing what they're good at).

Jim