From: Alain
Date: 14 Apr 2011 16:42:25
Message: <4da75c31$1@news.povray.org>

> Darren New<dne### [at] sanrrcom>  wrote:
>>>
>>>     The US is not the only western country where gun ownership is legal and
>>> popular. It is not the explanation.
>
>> I've heard it's much more likely the diversity of culture here than the
>> presence of guns. Give the same number of guns to the Swiss or the Japanese,
>> and you (do/would) get no problems at all.  But here we have neighbors each
>> thinking the other shouldn't be allowed to be a citizen because of their
>> skin color, their religious belief, etc.
>
>    I think Canada proves that hypothesis wrong, as Canada isn't any less
> multicultural as the US (and guns are quite popular there too).

Canada may be more multicultural than the USA.
Yes, guns are popular, mostly in the rural regions. In the cities, they
are'nt.

There is a BIG difference:
In the USA, you are expected to forego your original culture and take
the Great Melting Pot as your culture. It looks, at least seem from
abroad, that it's mostly "Do and be as I am".

In Canada, you are encouraged to, within the confine of the common laws
and respect to all other cultures, keep your culture and *share* it with
the society. We try hard to "Be Friends"! Make our difference something
that brings us together.

Alain